It has been a loooooong time since I have made a post or updated this blog and A LOT has changed in my life! I have a new job, and I moved to Tampa!!! It has been a little over a year since I moved and I love living in Florida so far! Maria is thriving here and she loves it too! I have done a ton, since I have last updated this blog, so it would be impossible to talk about it all, but here are some pictures!
- 3/4 cup and 1/8 of a cup of quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 14oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1.5 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Maple Syrup or Honey to taste
- Pomegranate and chopped walnuts to serve with this dish (or whatever other fruits and nuts you would like!) (If you don’t know how to open a pomegranate check out this post!)
Soak the quinoa for at least 15 minutes and then drain. Put the quinoa and water into a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 12 minutes, until the quinoa is tender. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the pomegranate and walnuts, and stir until everything is well combined. Serve with pomegranate and chopped walnuts on top in a bowl and enjoy!
*You will have half a can of coconut milk and half a can of pumpkin puree left. Combine them and freeze for next time.
Recipe was adapted from this website: http://www.worthcooking.net/healthy-pumpkin-pie-quinoa/